Galaxy – One Platform, Multiple Applications
Galaxy is the name of Telematics Wireless’ family of Wide Area Communication Networks applied to various IoT applications. It operates on the licensed frequency in 450-470 MHz band and utilizes a single Base Station for wide area coverage with tens of thousands of managed wireless nodes interfaced with various devices. Wireless repeaters can extend Base Station’s communication range and enable coverage of the “dead zones”.
Utilizing the same communication infrastructure and various types of sensors and actuators, Galaxy applications include Streetlight Control, Water Resource Management, Advanced Metering Infrastructure, ITS and others.
Roadway Lighting Control – T-Light™ Galaxy
- 8-12 Miles coverage per base station
- 50,000 fixtures per single base station
- Self Commissioning (GPS)
- DALI &/or 0-10V support
- NEMA “twist & lock”, In-pole configurations
- 105 – 277V options.
Water Resource Management
- Distribution system metering and control
- Leakage detection & Location
- Water Quality monitoring
- Wastewater monitoring
- Electrical power meters
- Sub metering solutions
- Vehicle recovery system
- Unlike most of competing wireless street light control systems that utilize unlicensed frequency bands, T-Light Galaxy operates in a licensed frequency band. T-Light Galaxy’s operation on a licensed frequency with exclusive dedicated frequency channels in the 450-470MHz band optimally suited for RF penetration in urban area ensures extremely reliable and uninterrupted communication over long distances. Due to the specific nature of application that does not require large amounts of data to be transmitted to and from the luminaire, very narrowband channels are sufficient for T-Light Galaxy operation, thus making the licensing cost negligible compared to the significant financial advantage of T-Light Galaxy deployment, operation, and maintenance compared with other solutions.
A single T-Light Galaxy base station can control up to 50,000 Controllers directly and covers an average area of 10 km radius in urban and up to 30km radius in rural environments, depending on the base station’s antenna height.
The T-Light base station has many features including:
- Serves up to 50,000 control points (depending on the system load requirements)
- 10 km (6.2 miles) urban and up to 30 km (19 miles) rural coverage area (depending on terrain)
- Local Network Management Server (NMS) and simplified local CMS provide wireless network and lighting network snapshots on site
- Stores 1+ years of back data for all nodes for disaster recovery
- Maintains network snapshot for easy recovery from power failure
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) communication with the nodes/LCUs
- Can feed data directly into multiple CMS systems and 3rd party applications via API
- Open HTTP Rest API for third party integration
- Can gather data from multiple types of wireless nodes beyond street lights and feed that data into applicable CMS systems such as MDMS, Traffic monitoring systems billing systems, etc.
- Over the air firmware upgrades